Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The Easiest (and most delicious) Drop Biscuits

I wish I could take credit for this recipe, but I can't.  This is from America's Test Kitchen - I love that show. 
 
 
 
These biscuits are amazing.  Like, whoa.  They're so delicious and are great as-is or as a pot pie topper.  They take no time at all to whip up and pop in the oven.  The best part?  None of that boxed "baking mix" stuff in sight.  Trust me - you need to try these!
 
(Please excuse the photos - I didn't have my camera handy and had to use my phone :)
 
The Easiest Drop Biscuits
Makes approximately 1 dozen
 

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder 
1 tsp sugar 
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda 
1 cup cold buttermilk 
8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
1 tbsp melted butter (optional)
 
Directions:
1.  Preheat the oven to 375.  In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.  Set aside.  In a smaller bowl, combine the buttermilk and melted and cooled butter and mix until the butter begins to coagulate.  
 
 
2.  Add the buttermilk/butter mixture to the flour and mix until it all comes together to form a slightly lumpy dough.  Place large scoops of the dough onto parchment paper/silpat lined baking sheets or on top of a pot pie. 
 
 
3.  Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown (they may take up to 20 minutes as a pot pie topper).  Remove from oven and brush with melted butter if desired.  Enjoy!
 

 Happy Eating!
 
~ Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment