Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Taco Seasoning

I've been making my own taco seasoning for a couple years now.  But, for some reason, I've never posted the recipe!

Have you ever looked at the ingredients on a taco seasoning packet?  You should.  It's absurd!  Something as simple as a seasoning should not be filled with things that you can't pronounce.  And don't even get me started on the salt content! 

Tacos have become a weekly staple in our house - all of us love them.  Don't just stop at ground beef either.  I season my black beans and refried beans with it too.  I always double or triple the recipe because I know it won't be long until it's Taco night again!

I use about one tablespoon per pound of ground beef, which seems to suit my family just right - but you may prefer a little more.  And, you can always adjust any of the ingredients to make it spicier, saltier, etc.  Play around with it and see what works best for you!

Taco Seasoning
Makes approx. 2 1/2 tbsp


Ingredients:
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp dried red pepper
1/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper

Directions:
1.  Combine all the ingredients.  Store in a jar or use immediately.  Enjoy!
 

Happy Eating!
 
~ Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment