Monday, January 26, 2015

Homemade Nut Butter

I have been making my own nut butters for about six months now.  I'll never go back to buying it at the store!  It is seriously so easy and quick.  All you need is a food processor and 5 minutes.  For real.

 "Peanut. Hazelnut. Cashew nut. Macadamia nut...Pistachio nut. Red pistachio nut. Natural, all natural white pistachio nut."
(name that movie!)

The best part?  You can use any nut that you like.  Your favorite nuts are almonds?  Throw some in a food processor!  One of my favorites is walnut butter.  So creamy, smooth and delicious.  A nice to change to regular ol' peanut butter.  Not that there's anything wrong with peanut butter!

I've experimented with different kinds of peanuts and, surprisingly, the type I've found to work (and taste) the best are roasted, salted, skin on Spanish peanuts.  When I first tried them, I was skeptical because of them having the skin, but they work so well and the outcome is delicious!  Two of my favorite ways to enjoy nut butter is on English Muffins or Whole Grain Sandwich Bread.

Homemade Nut Butter

Walnut and Peanut Butter.  Deeeelicious!
Ingredients:
Nuts



That's it.

Directions:
1.  Place the nuts in a food processor - I usually do about 8 ounces at a time, you don't want a crowded processor.  Turn the processor on and let it run for 2-5 minutes until you have a smooth, buttery consistency.  You may need to stop and scrape down the sides once, but that's it!  How easy is that!?





You can also spice up your butter with anything you like: cinnamon and chocolate are two of my favorite add-ins :)

1 comment:

  1. Harlan Pepper, if you don't stop naming nuts...macadamia nut...and that's the one that would get her!

    ReplyDelete